venerdì 10 aprile 2009

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close

I've always been quite late.
Not in everything, but often in some things.
On purpose, I reckon. Or just because I'm lazy.
I recently purchased some books about 9/11. I really do not why, but that's what I'm interested in now, just after 8 years.
That precise day, I was working at Bologna Airport and from then on I did not want to know anything about that tragedy, the only human consequences of which I perceived watching terrified or even -unaware of what was occurring- travellers' eyes.
Anyways.
That precise day I started to think I was really unprotected.
I could not think to fly anymore, unless choosing the same air company my best friends had already taken. Luftansa, Klm or Air France, unexplainably, meant "safe and sound" to me.
And here I found myself with these two incredible books in my hands:
- "Good Life" by Jay McInerney
-"Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" by Jonathan Safran Foer
I wish everybody could read the second, wonderfully written, story by Foer.
It's a graceful writer, "illuminated" and, my fault, a too late surprise. A space, this book, were you can read and observe photoes and blank pages too.
A book my CLOSE friends should be grate to read.

Nessun commento: